Project on Indianization of the story The Eyes Have It / The Eyes Are Not Here. - Kabir Mondal

An Educational Website kabirmondal.blogspot.com offers NCERT Solutions, CBSE Solutions, WBBSE English Class - 6,7,8,9,10, WBCHSE (H.S) English Class 11,12, Texts, Notes, Grammar, Projects, Writings, PDF Books and Notes, Previous Year Question Paper, Sample Paper, MCQ questions and answers, Short (SAQ) questions and answers, Broad/Long/Descriptive questions and answers, MCQ Practice Sets, SAQ Practice Sets, Health and Fitness Tips and many more.

Fresh Topics

Saturday 19 December 2020

Project on Indianization of the story The Eyes Have It / The Eyes Are Not Here.

Indianization of the story The Eyes Have It / The Eyes Are Not Here - If They Had Eyes 

I am not blind by birth. It was an accident which made me blind. After my accident it seemed to me that the world has turned into darkness. The light of the earth has been taken away from me. I became lonely. But still I have a specific quality or sense to know what is happening around me. I am considered insignificant in the eyes of others because a physically challenged person does have obvious limitations and because of that people take pity on him. I prefer to remain in isolation. I am pained to think that I live at the mercy of others. I do have a mind. This mind is equally responsive to feelings and emotion like others with clear vision. Who takes care of that? None comes close to my mind in order to touch that. I am totally alone amidst the million people around me.

The train was moving very fast and I was feeling lonely into the compartment because it was empty. I booked a seat for Darjeeling. As I prefer all along to keep my presence not disclosing before others out of my blindness I took my berth at the farthest corner of the compartment with an anticipation that my presence would remain undiscovered to the stranger getting into the compartment. I was observing the everything in my mind's eye.

The train reached a station and a young girl got into the compartment. Perhaps her parents  were cautioning hes repeatedly not to come close to the strangers during the journey because they are usually not to be trusted. They also told her that her aunt would take care of her at the Station where she would suppose to get down. In the mean time the train blew whistle and the train started its journey again from the station. They called their goodbyes and the train moved out of the station.

It took some time to discover a glimpse of the girl. But her voice was so charming that it knocked at the door of my mind. The rhythm of her movement was attractive indeed. I drew an image of her using my imaginative power. I failed to resist my temptation to have a conversation with her. I was very fearful of becoming Lonely again. But I dared to ask.

“Are you going to Darjeeling”?

The girl seemed to be startled as I suddenly interrogate her. At that time she was under the impression that she was alone in the compartment. But her instant response prompted me to believe that she was eger to talk to me. She told me that I had been in the compartment she was unaware of that. Then she laughed a clear laugh that touched me.

I thought about my eyesight and this made me sad and lonely. I further thought about her look. But  she would remain unsighted to me though it is very natural. But one with living and floating eyes could not discover me, really surprised me.

“I am going to my aunt’s residence. My aunt will come to recieve me. I am pleased to enjoy your company ” the girl said in an inquisitive voice. Perhaps it was an opportunity to her to test my character.

Her voice was so melodious that it stormed in my passionate mind. It was the voice for what I had been waiting long. But my blindness might stand as an obstacle to continue conversation. So I tried my best to conceal my blindness. Once I thought that it would have been better to terminate the further proceedings. Her presence was very lively and enjoyable to me that I tried to enjoy her company as much as I could.

“Where are you going”? The girl said,

“ Darjeeling” I replied.

“Are you the permanent resident over there” she asked.

“Yes, it is a place amidst natural beauty in ultimate abundance.” I said.

“I have heard much about the beauty of the place. The attraction of it is irresistible because natural beauty acts here like a prodigal son. Is not it? The girl was further upbeat in tremendous enthusiasm. I was pleased with her attraction to natural beauty.

“You are really very lucky. You are so fortunate to live there, it is outstanding place. I always want to visit such beautiful places but I do not get that oppertunity.” The girl said in a very low voice.

At that time I came so close to her by the side of a window that rippling voice with occasional mind-touching smile was stirring my mind. I was, as if, going to be lost somewhere else. It was an emotive exchange of feelings with all beauties in full bloom. It was appearing that profound silence was the best way to conceive the pleasure. 

“You are sitting by the window side. Please be requested to brief me the passing away beauty. " The girl said to me.

I could not tell her that my blindness did not allow me to do that. I was completely unwilling to break the charm of the emotive moments. However, I extended my imaginative power and went away giving a living description of that. I was surprised to discover my imaginative power. It was so long undiscovered. The girl was found not contradicting me in any way. She believed me whatever I presented before her with all attention.

By that time the train entered her Station. It was time to get down from the train. I was desperately longing her company till my journey ended. But I was undone. 

I felt her fragrance because she was very close to me. I was about to touch her hair. But I did not do it and I resisted my temptation. I thought that I would let her remain alive in my imagination. Many things remain unachievable in this world. They are to be felt by heart. They are to be seen in the eyes of sixth sense.

She hurriedly got down from the train because her aunt was shouting aloud outside. The girl got down from the compartment bidding me good bye. I also bade her goodbye with a heavy heart. A new passenger got into the compartment stammered an apology.

I asked the new passenger," What happened ?" The did not say anything . It seemed that he was not a talkative fellow. I further asked him about the beauty of the girl just down from the compartment.

The new passenger said, " is a paragon beauty. God has given her all in abundance. But unfortunately her two beautiful eyes were of no use. It is really pathetic.”

After listening about the girl's blindness I had no language to speak because the suddenness of the situation made me speechless. The man said, "Did not you notice it?"

I did not want to reveal my blindness so I reacted in such a manner that he could not make out that I was blind. 







No comments:

Post a Comment